Monday, February 18, 2013

blog 5

State of Purpose 
To see if classroom environment in elementary schools have an affect on the way children learn.

Detailed Statement
All classrooms are set up in different ways, some teachers have desks in a circles others have the desk grouped up. Also some classrooms are filled with vibrant colors and pictures all around while others are less creative. In my research I want to see if the environment of the classroom affect the way the children learn. Since the rooms are more vibrant are the students more interested in learning? Is it better to use a smart board or an old fashion chalk board? All these questions and more will be added in my research.

Information needed
I need to first understand how children learn. I want to first focus on how children comprehend the stuff they learn does different effects help them learn better. I also need to research how visual affects have on a way a person can learn. I need to look at different classrooms and compare them to each other.

Sources
I found an article How Classroom Environment Can Ignite Learning and Cultivate Caring by Elena Aguilar, she speaks on this one classroom she visited and how the colors and the different stations set up are helping the children learn and helping them interact with each other better. The article shows pictures of the classroom and you can see the vibrant colors and the different words she has in her classroom.

Plan on gathering information
I plan on studying elementary students in various classrooms.
I will be collecting the information at Park Avenue Elementary School in Orange NJ
I want to try to at least look at four different classrooms who have different environments.
I want to intervew teachers and see there opinion and also pass out a survey to the children



No comments:

Post a Comment